3PB’s international family law team has extensive experience dealing with cross-border disputes involving the movement of children, jurisdictional conflicts, international family finance and forced marriage and ‘stranded spouses’ cases.
We are regularly instructed in cases involving child abduction and relocation as well as claims following a foreign marriage or divorce, international adoption (within the context of both private law and public law proceedings) and forced marriage and surrogacy cases.
All of our international family law barristers are familiar with cases invoking the 1980 and 1996 Hague Convention, Brussels II Revised and the Maintenance Regulation. We also have considerable experience in Islamic family law and non-Hague convention cases. Members have acted in cases involving many foreign jurisdictions, offering expert advice and representation in cases involving:
- Jurisdiction disputes including the application of the EU Maintenance Regulation
- Foreign or off-shore assets, including pensions and trusts, both valuation and distribution of, or enforcement against, such assets
- Protective measures such as prevention of dissipation of assets, including world-wide freezing injunctions
- Reciprocal enforcement of maintenance (within and outside of the EU)
- International child abduction to or from both Hague and non-Hague countries
- The 1996 Hague Convention including issues of jurisdiction and enforcement
- The international movement of children, including applications to permanently remove children from the UK or within the UK, as well as applications for temporary leave to remove
- International care proceedings, particularly Article 15 transfer cases within the EU and placement of children abroad (EU and world-wide)
- International adoption and surrogacy arrangements including applications for parental orders
Our Family Barristers...
Door Tenants are marked by the DT symbols.
Ian Edge Call: 1981
Nicola Martin Call: 1982
Lawrence Messling Call: 1983
Elisabeth Hudson Call: 1987
Dorian Day Call: 1987
Sarah Dines Call: 1988
Mark Calway Call: 1989
Omar Malik Call: 1990
Melissa Barlow Call: 1991
Andrew Lorie Call: 1996
Hannah Bush Call: 2007
Mark Elliott Call: 2007
Steven Howard Call: 2009
Sarah Jennings Call: 2009
Nicola Frost Call: 2009
Esther Lieu Call: 2011
Jennifer Kotilaine Call: 2011
Rhiannon Wilcock Call: 2012
Kara Cann Call: 2012
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
very helpful, friendly and organised setChambers and Partners