Elisabeth specialises in all aspects of family law. She carries out both private and publicly funded work. Elisabeth is experienced in Children Act work, both public and private, and has also acted in a number of cases brought under the Hague Convention involving the return of children to and from Australia, USA and Zimbabwe. She also deals with Financial Remedy cases and cases brought under TLATA 1996, the Inheritance Act 1975 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Re M (Minors) (Residence Order: Jurisdiction)  1 F.L.R 495
- Re S (Contact: Evidence)  1 F.L.R 798
- Re W (Care proceedings: Witness anonymity) Court of Appeal  1 F.L.R 329
- Re F (Shared residence order) Court of Appeal  2 F.L.R 397
- P v South Gloucestershire Council Court of Appeal, The Times Law Reports, 1st February 2007
- M (Children)  EWCA Civ 1573
- M (Children)  EWCA Civ 657 - Renewed application by father for permission to appeal finding that he had stabbed the children’s mother. Application allowed
A keen horse rider competing under BS rules. From 2006 to date her horses have competed at the Horse of the Year Show, Royal Windsor Horse Show, at Hickstead, Olympia, and in Europe. Elisabeth enjoys playing the piano and breeds and shows a wide variety of livestock.
Elisabeth is happy to travel to any of our centres. She is available to give informal updating lectures to solicitors by arrangement through her clerks.
‘A thorough, resolute and empathetic advocate.’
Legal 500 2018 - Family and children law – Leading juniors
‘She is very empathetic and very skilled at communicating with clients.’
Legal 500 2017 - Family and children law – Leading juniors
'Experienced in both private and public law children proceedings.'
Legal 500 2016 - Family and children law – Leading juniors
'Her practice includes Children Act work, financial remedy, TOLATA and Inheritance Act cases.'
Legal 500 2015 - Family and children law – Leading juniors
'3PB’s Elisabeth Hudson is ‘well-prepared and able’.'
Legal 500 2013/14 - Family
- LLB (Buckingham)
- Family Law Bar Association
Elisabeth Hudson is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information