3PB’s specialist construction barristers and expert adjudicators provide advice and dispute resolution across all aspects of domestic and international construction and engineering. Our team includes the highest number of specialist FIDIC Adjudicators anywhere in the world.
Unlike many barristers’ chambers, a significant proportion of our members are qualified in a construction profession in which they have previously practiced and have real understanding of delivering construction and engineering projects. Through their extensive exposure to court practice in the early stages of their careers, our barristers develop advocacy excellence from first hand experience. Many of the team are Chartered Arbitrators or Chartered Surveyors and are frequently appointed for arbitration, mediation, adjudication or early neutral evaluation.
Our barristers act on behalf of professionals, employers, contractors, sub-contractors, insurers and central and local government, on disputes arising out of:
- Building and engineering projects
- Adjudication under the HGCRA 1996
- Enforcement of Adjudicator’s decisions in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC)
- Power engineering and power station projects
- Industrial processes and production lines
- Negligence of professionals such as architects, surveyors and engineers
- Commercial disputes involving complex technical issues when delivering live projects and settling final accounts.
3PB has maintained and grown its team of construction specialists advising clients, and representing them in legal proceedings, as advocates since the 1970s. In that time chambers has covered practically everything from the provision of legal advice, to negotiating and drafting contracts and documents in this field. As part of a multi disciplinary chambers we appreciate the linkage and interface with the planning, property and finance aspects of construction and engineering projects.
As neutrals – individuals who function specifically to aid parties in resolving a dispute or controversy - our members are renowned for their expertise. This work includes acting as arbitrators, adjudicators, mediators, expert legal witnesses and sitting on expert review boards as well as carrying out early neutral evaluation.
Our Construction and engineering Barristers...
Door Tenants and Pupils are marked by the DT and P symbols.
Christopher Aylwin Call: 1970
Gavin Hamilton Call: 1979
Ian Edge Call: 1981
Peter Aeberli Call: 1990
Anthony Bingham Call: 1992
Peter Collie Call: 1994
Michelle Marnham Call: 1994
James Davison Call: 1996
Stuart Kennedy Call: 1999
Seb Oram Call: 2007
Christopher Edwards Call: 2008
Derek Pye Call: 2008
Nikolai Lazarev Call: 2010
Nick Kaplan Call: 2013
John Jessup Call: 2014
Nigel Ribbands Call: 2017
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
approachable and responsive barristersChambers and Partners