Construction and engineering
Christopher regularly advises and represents clients in respect of a wide range construction and engineering disputes, ranging from residential property disputes to commercial developments to nationwide installation projects. He has a particular expertise in respect of professional negligence claims in the construction field.
Christopher also has extensive experience of insolvency and company disputes relating to companies in the construction sector and their guarantors.
Recent Construction and Engineering Cases
- Successfully defending significant adjudication claiming professional negligence in respect of a firm of quantity surveyors and costs consultants. Issues relating to the proper valuation of work carried out under an NEC3 Professional Services Short Contracts.
- Multi-day trial arising out of extensive roofing works at a residential property. Issues relating to contractual liability compared to tortuous liability.
- Advising in respect of the apportionment of liability between contractors and professionals in a claim for the inadequate provision of heating for a restored medieval church.
- Multi-day trial arising out of alleged negligent application of cladding system to residential property.
- Acting in a trial of a preliminary issue – whether invoice was a payment notice under s.110A(3) Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996.
- Defending and successfully settling a claim for monies due and owing by a contractor employed to supply playground equipment nationwide.
- Advising and drafting in respect of a claim arising out of loans to a property development company by a private bank. Issues of economic duress and conduct by the bank.
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics and Economics, St Peter's College, Oxford
- MPhil International Relations, St Antony's College, Oxford
- Chancery Bar Association (ChBA)
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
Christopher Edwards is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB barristers take part in mock commercial contract mediation and trial
Our barristers Richard Whitehouse, Jack Webb, Christopher Edwards and Dr Zhen Ye delighted to have taken part in this Mock Commercial Contract Mediation and Tri...Read more
Commercial Update: Lawful economic duress and reasonableness – an analysis by Christopher Edwards
Commercial barrister Christopher Edwards analyses the Court of Appeal decision in Times Travel (UK) v Pakistan International Airlines Corporation and its impact...Read more
There's no basis for that: exclusion clauses contractual estoppel and misrepresentation - an analysis by Christopher Edwards
Christopher Edwards considers the case of First Tower Trustees Ltd and Intertrustees Limited v CDS (Superstores International) Limited  EWCA Civ 1396 and ...Read more