Construction and engineering
As counsel, Peter has been instructed to advise on and appear principally on construction and arbitration related matters in the Technology and Court Court (TCC) and the County Courts. He has appeared in the Court of Appeal (TWF Printers Ltd v. Interserve Project Services  BLR 299). He has been instructed to draft contractual documentation including amendments to JCT contracts. He also advises and represents parties in arbitration, adjudication and mediation proceedings.
Overseas work has included advising parties in Latvia and in South Africa on contractual (FIDIC) and arbitration matters.
Peter’s web site, www.aeberli.com, includes a number of papers on construction law, arbitration and adjudication. Published articles, many of which can be found re-printed on the site, include:
- 2007: What material can an adjudicator consider; Construction Law Journal
- 2005: Jurisdictional Disputes under the Arbitration Act 1996: A Procedural Route Map; Arbitration International
- 1993: Wharf Properties and Rolled-Up Claims; Construction Law Journal
- 1993: Abatements, Set-Offs and Counterclaims in Arbitration Proceedings; ADR Law Journal
- MA (Edin)
- BA (Oxon)
- Dip Arch
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Accredited Adjudicator
- Accredited Mediation Advocate
- Accredited Mediator
- Chartered Arbitrator
Arbitrator member of the Society of Construction Arbitrators
Major Projects Adjudication Group
Swiss Arbitration Association.
ICC Commission on Arbitration
Crossrail Panel of Adjudicators.
Peter Aeberli is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information