Construction and engineering
John originally embarked upon a Civil Engineering Degree and was on track for a 2:1 before realising that his true calling lay at The Bar.
As a result he has a strong grasp of construction theory and practice and a formidable level of technical knowledge. John has married his experience of complex commercial disputes to his technical background and is well-placed to advise and provide representation on all aspects of construction law. He is familiar with all standard forms of construction contract.
- University of Wales, Swansea, LLB Law, 1st class degree (top 1st) (2011)
- University of Oxford, Bachelor of Civil Law (2013)
- Cardiff University, BPTC, Outstanding.
- Best Orator, Oxford International Media Law Moot 2013
- Semi-Finalist, Oxford International Intellectual Property Moot 2013
- Beneficiary of the James Pantyfedwen Foundation, 2012
- Iscoed Chambers Prize, 2011
- Sweet and Maxwell Prize, 2011
John Jessup is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
Commercial update - John Jessup: The interests of creditors on insolvency at common law. Have the goalposts moved?
The Court of Appeal has handed down its landmark judgment in Sequana, in the Insolvency sphere (BTI 2014 LLC v Sequana S.A.  EWCA Civ 112). How likely doe...Read more
Through a glass darkly: reflections on reflective loss by 3PB Commercial Barrister John Jessup
John Jessup considers the recent Court of Appeal decision of Marex Financial Limited  EWCA Civ 1468 which answers the question of whether the rule against...Read more