Adeo Fraser practices exclusively in Family Law and his practice encompasses Public Law, Private Law, Family Finance, Injunctions and Domestic Abuse cases.
Adeo has experience in a wide variety of financial remedies matters. He is able to run a case through from First Directions Appointments through to Final Hearings.
He also has significant experience of disputes between unmarried couples, in particular applications under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 and Schedule 1 applications and undertakes written advisory work as well as advocacy.
Private Remote FDR Hearings
Adeo is available for private remote FDR hearings. For more information on private remote FDR hearings please click here.
Care and Adoption
Adeo has experience of representing all parties in care proceedings, representing parents, prospective special guardians, children and local authorities in complex care proceedings. He has experience of representing clients with mental health issues and learning difficulties.
Adeo is regularly instructed in multi-day final hearings and his cases routinely involve the cross examination of experts from multiple disciplines. His experience includes cases involving vulnerable clients, non-accidental injuries, domestic violence, applications for adoptive orders and cases proceeding in the FDAC courts.
Adeo also has experience in applications for the revocation of placement orders.
Recent case includes:
- Re:S&J, successfully represented paternal grandparents in a 13-day care case, where he challenged the local authority’s adoption plan and obtained an adjournment for medical assessment and psychiatric assessment of the grandparents, where the child was then placed.
Private law children
Adeo regularly accepts instructions to appear on behalf of both applicant and respondent parents in private children matters. He has gained experience in a range of child arrangement disputes, including allegations of domestic abuse, international abduction and parental alienation cases.
He is frequently trusted with and instructed in lengthy and complex hearings and has represented several clients on both UK and international abduction and relocation cases, particularly involving Somaliland, Poland and the Dominican Republic.
Recent cases include:
- Re:S, represented the first male victim of controlling and coercive behaviour, in English history, in private law proceedings. He managed to obtain a no contact order against the children’s mother.
- Re:W, successfully represented a grandmother on her opposed application to relocate to Somaliland with her grandchildren.
- Re:D, successfully represented a diplomat from the Dominican Republic on an international abduction case.
Adeo also has extensive experience in applications for prohibited steps and specific issue orders, ranging from matters concerning changes of names to removal from the jurisdiction to non-Hague convention countries.
Adeo has considerable experience in representing both applicants and defendants in applications for declarations of parentage, non-molestation orders and occupation orders.
- BPTC, University of Law
- LLB (Hons), Keele University
- LLM International Law, University of Nottingham
- Basil Neild Award (2018)
- Wilhelm C. Vis Commercial Arbitration Moot Distinction (2014-15)
- George Fentham Birmingham Charity Educational Grant for the BPTC (2013)
- Master of Moots, Keele University (2011-12)
- Annual Wilson Given Ltd Award for Leadership and Example in Wulfrunian Values (2009)
- Inn of Court: Inner Temple
- Birmingham Black Lawyers (BBL)
Adeo Fraser is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information