Antonida undertakes work in all areas of family law. Through her experience both before and during pupillage, Antonida has seen a wide variety of cases and has shadowed some of the top practitioners in the field. As part of the BPP Legal Advice Clinic, Antonida has had experience of advising on a pre-nuptial agreement in the context of a same-sex relationship.
During her second six, Antonida has undertaken work in all areas of family law both in front of District and Circuit Judges, often at short notice, including:
- Negotiating an advantageous settlement for the husband in a needs-based FDR
- Representing the husband in an application for extension of time for disclosure in the context of preliminary proceedings to determine the beneficial interest in property
- Acting on behalf of parents in proceedings for child arrangement orders
- Successfully representing a mother in her application for the discharge of a Special Guardianship Order
- Appearing on behalf of the father for directions in the context of public law proceedings
- Resolving disputes on contact and chattels at a return date hearing of an application for non-molestation and occupation orders.
Antonida has also undertaken a noting brief on behalf of the local authority in a 10-day fact-finding hearing in a case involving incest between children in the family.
In addition, Antonida has experience of Court of Protection work and is interested in developing this area further.
Court of Protection
Antonida has been fortunate during pupillage to have had exposure to Court of Protection matters, relating both to welfare and property, and she hopes to develop this area further.
As part of her pupillage, Antonida has provided assistance to a local council on applications for authorisation of deprivation of liberty in adult social care cases.
- University of Oxford, MA Jurisprudence
- BPP University, BPTC (Outstanding)
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Hardwicke Entrance Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Family Law Bar Association
- Property Bar Association
- Anglo-Russian Law Association
- The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
Antonida Kocharova is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information