Public Law Children
Sarah is instructed by local authorities, respondents and guardians in all aspects of public law including special guardianship orders and adoption orders. She has dealt with cases involving significant harm from neglect and failure to protect through to severe emotional abuse causing psychological damage to children, as well as cases involving serious physical and sexual abuse of children.
Private Law Children
Sarah is instructed in cases involving contact, residence, prohibited steps and removal of children from the jurisdiction. She has experience with cases involving domestic violence, emotional, physical and sexual abuse allegations, and has acted in cases involving parents, the children themselves, grandparents and step-parents. She has experience representing clients with psychiatric and psychological problems and those with learning difficulties. Sarah has a particular interest in cases with an international element.
Injunctions and Committals
Sarah is instructed by both applicants and respondents in applications for injunctions under the Family Law Act 1996 and committal proceedings.
Sarah accepts instructions in the full range of financial applications arising out of the breakdown of relationships between married and unmarried couples including:
- Ancillary relief under s25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973
- Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
- Interlocutory applications for maintenance pending suit
- Transfer of tenancy
- Applications for provision for children under the Children Act 1989 Schedule 1
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975
- (2004) Middle Temple
- LLB (HONS) (Southampton)
- LLM International Law (Southampton)
- Family Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit