Insolvency and bankruptcy
This area includes:
- Personal insolvency
- Corporate insolvency
- Asset recovery (e.g. office-holder claims, transactions defrauding creditors, void dispositions)
- Claims against directors (e.g. breach of duty, misappropriation of assets, unlawful dividends and directors’ loan account claims)
- Directors' disqualification proceedings / Permission to act
- Receiverships including LPA receiverships
- Corporate and partnership break-up and shareholder disputes.
Members of 3PB’s commercial group advise on all aspects of insolvency, whether that be applications being made within insolvency proceedings or other matters such as applications for administration order, to set aside statutory demands, to restrain winding up petitions or to restrain advertisement of petitions. They also cover the full range of transaction avoidance work (e.g. transactions defrauding creditors, preferences, transactions at undervalue).
We act on behalf of office-holders, debtors, creditors, companies, directors and insolvency practitioners (IPs) providing focused advocacy and advice on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious Insolvency Law and procedure.
Our team regularly appears in the High Court (the Companies Court and the Bankruptcy Division) and in County Courts across the country. One of our team, Cheryl Jones, was appointed a Deputy Bankruptcy Registrar in 2008 and sits in the Bankruptcy Division and Companies Court in the High Court.
3PB is recognised by clients and the leading legal directories for its depth of specialisation and the quality of its legal advice whilst prized for its commercial approach to complex problems. Members regularly deliver talks and workshops for industry groups, solicitors, accountancy firms and other insolvency practitioners across the UK. Members recently contributed to LexisPSL commentary on the Insolvency Rules 2016 and are regular contributors to LexisPSL Restructuring and Insolvency.
Our Commercial Barristers...
Loading Barrister Profiles...
Door Tenants are marked by the DT symbols.
Christopher Aylwin Call: 1970
Michael Norman Call: 1971
Marc Brittain Call: 1983
William Hansen Call: 1992
James Dawson Call: 1994
Cheryl Jones Call: 1996
Victoria Jones Call: 2003
Seb Oram Call: 2007
Christopher Edwards Call: 2008
Richard Whitehouse Call: 2009
Nikolai Lazarev Call: 2010
Charles Irvine Call: 2010
Susan Jones Call: 2011
Joseph England Call: 2011
John Jessup Call: 2014
Alice de Coverley Call: 2014
Max Schofield Call: 2016
Rebecca Farrell Call: 2016
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
Service is consistently outstandingThomson Reuters