Nicole Bollard is a commercial and property law barrister. She appears in a variety of hearings including contract disputes, possession hearings, bankruptcy petitions and case management hearings.
Nicole drafts advices and pleadings in a variety of commercial, contractual and property disputes. Recent cases have involved the sale of goods, unfair contract terms and nuisance.
For information about a particular practice area, and examples of recent cases, please view her specialist profiles.
Add this expertise to your shortlist
Nicole practices in all areas of property law, and is regularly instructed to advise and represent clients in the High Court, County Court and First Tier Tribunal. Her experience includes:
- Boundary disputes
- Charging orders
Landlord and Tenant
- Commercial leases
- Possession hearings
- Rent arrears and service charges
- Advising on numerous claims for nuisance, arising from rights of way and rights to light.
- Successfully defending a claim for breach of covenant for quiet enjoyment.
- Obtaining an interim injunction in the High Court to prevent interference with the right of way of a property developer.
- Obtaining an interim injunction requiring a landlord to allow a commercial tenant to re-enter the property.
Add this expertise to your shortlist
Nicole has a wide range of experience in commercial matters including advising, drafting and representing clients in a range of general contractual and commercial matters. Nicole has extensive experience representing clients in the following matters:
- Breach of contract
- Insolvency & bankruptcy
- Sale and supply of goods & services
- Misrepresentation, undue influence & duress
- Professional negligence
- Intellectual property
Nicole accepts instructions in relation to all areas of copyright, database rights, trade marks, passing off, domain names and confidential information. She has regularly advises on matters concerning infringement of copyright; and most recently in relation to a professional sports kit & music lyrics.
She also has experience of advising and acting in matters concerning domain names and database rights.
In August 2017 Nicole attended the Cambridge University Intellectual Property Law Summer School. Hosted by well-known senior IP lawyers the one week course included lectures and various practical exercises including an application for injunctive relief.
Nicole completed her pupillage under the supervision of IP specialist Victoria Jones, and continues to work closely with counsel in a broad range of intellectual property matters including copyright, trade marks and passing off.
Nicole also accepts instructions in non-contentious matters and has experience in drafting and advising on:
- Share holder agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Standard terms and conditions
- Data protection notices
- Advising and drafting a skeleton argument in relation to a claim concerning the restriction of a former employee’s use of a personal LinkedIn account which involved issues of restrictive covenants and general contractual arguments.
- Advising on a claim in relation to the ownership of a domain name which involved issues of undue influence and mistake.
- Successfully obtaining an interim injunction to restrain the presentation of a winding-up petition.
- Drafting a defence to a claim for breach of contract and misrepresentation concerning the sale of a dentist practice.
- Advising in respect of solicitor’s negligence in advising on settlement.
- Instructed in relation to a claim for a preference under s.239 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Acting as a junior in an arbitration concerning the installation of industrial fittings.
2nd Sep 2016
Commercial update: Unfair terms - when am I dealing on another's standard terms of business? - an update by Nicole Bollard
“You did a fantastic job and we got a great result. You had clearly spent a lot of time preparing and considering the various issues. Your cross-examination was spot on. You were calm yet tenacious, overall a fantastic job and I am very grateful.” (recent instructing solicitor).
- BA Hons. English, University of Oxford 2.1
- GDL, City Law School, Commendation
- BPTC, City Law School, Very Competent
- Chancery Bar Association
- Technology & Construction Bar Association (TECBAR)
Nicole Bollard is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB Barristers' Commercial Law Group brings you the Summer Edition of its Commercial Law Update Handout.
3PB Barristers' Commercial Law Group brings you the Summer Edition of its Commercial Law Update Handout. Please click here to view it. Topics: David Berkl...Read more
Claims against joint tortfeasors: who is liable? - An analysis by Nicole Bollard
When will settling a claim against one defendant bar a claimant from pursuing a different defendant, who is jointly responsible for the claimant’s loss? Nicol...Read more