Alex accepts instructions representing individuals and businesses in contractual matters in the county court, including Consumer Rights Act matters, misrepresentation claims and disputes about quality of work. He is particularly well placed to act in disputes arising from employment contracts or contracts for education in schools and universities.
Recent instructions include:
- Acting for employers and employees/directors in civil claims arising from restrictive covenants and non-compete clauses
- Advising on a potential claim for estate agent’s fees under a multi-agency agreement, and potential counter-claims
- Acting in frustration claims arising from the coronavirus pandemic
- Advice and drafting for breach of a distribution agreement.
- Bar Professional Training Course, Cardiff University 2017-18 (Very competent)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Cardiff University, 2016-17 (Distinction)
- MA Political Philosophy, University of York, 2011-2012 (Distinction)
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, University of Cambridge, 2005-2008
- Astbury Scholarship (Major Award), Middle Temple
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple
- Campbell Foster Prize for performance on the BPTC, Middle Temple