Prior to commencing pupillage, Rebecca worked as a paralegal in an international law firm on a multi-faceted reinsurance matter where she developed a grounding in commercial disputes. Subsequently Rebecca worked as a Legal Editor at FromCounsel, a publishing company that provides an excellent online resource for corporate lawyers.
Rebecca has advised and acted in a number of personal and corporate insolvency matters. She has appeared in both High Court and County Court litigation and has dealt with disputes which have a dimension outside this jurisdiction.
Recent examples of her work include:
- Successfully acting for the Petitioning Creditor in Re Kevin Cash
- Successfully defending an application to set aside a substantial statutory demand.
Rebecca has enjoyed building on her specific interest in this practice area, often dealing with the practical effect corporate structures and/or bodies have on obtaining legal redress in other areas. Recent examples of her work include:
- Assisting with a restitution claim under FSMA 2000;
- Assisting with a directors’ disqualification matter in the High Court: see The Official Receiver v Brett Jolly  (Companies Court); and
- Acting in a number of company matters including a company restoration and partnership dispute.
Breach of contract and breach of trust litigation
Rebecca has dealt with breach of contract and breach of trust claims, examples of her work include:
- Assisting with a royalties dispute involving a high-profile band;
- Assisting with a complex shipping dispute involving the carriage of goods;
- Assisting with a six-figure breach of trust claim;
- Drafting work in respect of SGA 1979 and UCTA 1977; and
- Successfully acting in a number of breach of contract claims and in particular successfully defending an application to set aside a costs order in this context.
Rebecca has also dealt with a number of enforcement and credit hire matters.
"I am a Solicitor and have so been since 1974-and once appeared in many criminal and civil cases. Just to say that Rebecca (whom I had never known of or met) was first class in her dealings with the Court witnesses and conducting the case. Hopefully she will go far” (Client)
"I am writing to thank you for representing me yesterday. As you know following the mix up on my last court date I was quite anxious about yesterday's hearing. As soon as we met, you immediately put me at ease and it was clearly obvious that you had given a lot of time in familiarising yourself with my case. This proved to benefit us both. I was impressed by your professionalism and knowledge in the court room that led to a positive outcome. I have let [X firm] know how good you are and that they should be confident in you representing their clients in the future.” (Client)
- Law (LLB), The University of Durham: First Class Honours
- BPTC, The University of Law: Very Competent
- Exhibition Award – Inner Temple
- Advocacy Scholarship – The University of Law
- Quarter-finalist at the National Rounds of the Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition 2014
Property Bar Association (associate member)
3PB’s Rebecca Farrell acts for Petitioning Creditor in property tycoon bankruptcy
3PB’s Commercial and Property barrister Rebecca Farrell, instructed by Ian Baker of London solicitors PGB Gitlin Baker, acted for the Petitioning Creditor Dar...Read more