Homicide (Murder and Manslaughter)
3PB prides itself on its exceptionally strong team of Queen’s Counsel and experienced Junior Counsel who regularly appear in cases of murder, manslaughter and other cases involving death across the Western Circuit and nationally. Members of the team are instructed by both defence solicitors and the Crown Prosecution Service (including HQ and the Complex Casework Unit) and have enjoyed notable success in cases, including those involving diminished responsibility, loss of control, self defence, and post traumatic stress disorder. Many of the cases undertaken by the team attract national media coverage.
Members of the team have appeared in key Court of Appeal cases dealing with important aspects of murder and manslaughter from joint enterprise to the availability of partial defences to murder. The team also possess significant collective experience of homicides involving complex and highly specialised medical and pathological evidence, the deaths of young children and babies, and all aspects of gross negligence manslaughter.
Whatever the background to the case, members of the team provide strong, focussed advocacy in court together with first rate legal knowledge. Advice can be provided from the very earliest stages of a case. The team is committed to providing the highest level of service and representation in these demanding cases.
Recent notable cases include:
- R v Eke, involving the traumatic death of a toddler
- R v Adams, gross negligence manslaughter arising from extreme consensual sexual activity
- R v Hinz, murder of a 3 year old
- R v Brown , child murder and
- R v GS who pleaded guilty to infanticide following the death of her child at birth.
Our Crime Barristers...
Loading Barrister Profiles...
Door Tenants are marked by the DT symbols.
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
Able to work internationallyChambers and Partners