Marine and Fisheries law
The leading chambers in maritime regulatory work, 3PB’s Marine and Fisheries team has unrivalled knowledge and experience in this specialist area, both prosecuting and defending.
The 3PB team prides itself on its authoritative and pragmatic approach. It appreciates the commercial realities attached to regulatory litigation involving business and commerce. We recognise the sensitivities that can be required during an investigation by the MCA, MMO or an IFCA. We also readily acknowledge that prompt and proper advice at an early stage is critical. It is for that reason that the Team makes a point of being available to advise and assist clients at a moments notice, 24/7, with one barrister even interrupting his honeymoon to attend upon the Master of a tug at the request of the owners, Svitzer!
The team has experience of the following:
- Advising owners, operators, Masters and seaman on marine collisions (pursuant to section 58 & 100
- Merchant Shipping Act 1985 and the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972
- Advising owners, operators, Masters and seaman about MCA investigations and prosecutions (covering pollution, breaches of the Merchant Shipping Act 1995 and attendant subsidiary regulations and when appropriate, health and safety legislation)
- Advising owners, Masters and seaman in respect of MMO prosecutions and notices issued under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009
- Advising owners, charterers, Masters and other deck officers on MAIB investigations, including the declaration taking process part of the investigation, submission and review of MAIB reports
- Advising companies and Masters on the Sea Fish (Conservation) Act 1967, Sea Fishing (Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing) Order 2009 and breaches of the European Common Fisheries Policy
- Breaches of harbour by-laws
- Fishing quota and licenses
- ISM Code application and compliance including advice on auditing and breaches
- Restraint and confiscation under POCA 2002
- SOLAS and MARPOL : application and breaches, including relevant provisions pursuant to UNCLOS
- Wreck and salvage.
The team are accustomed to dealing with global clients and blue chip law firms. They are prepared to travel both nationally and internationally to undertake work and advise clients.
Our Public and Regulatory Barristers...
Door Tenants are marked by the DT symbols.
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
very helpful, friendly and organised setChambers and Partners