Public and Regulatory
Tagbo has a keen interest in public and regulatory law.
He has been instructed on multiple occasions to advise the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, both independently and as a led junior.
He is a member of the Attorney General’s Junior Junior scheme and welcomes instructions on that basis.
His medical and scientific background gives him an excellent foundation to undertake inquest and professional discipline work.
Lockdown Law 2 - Public and Regulatory Law11th May 2020
3PB’s David Richards, Head of the national chambers’ Public & Regulatory Law team, and pupil barrister Dr Tagbo Ilozue have reviewed three new regulatory key cases, covering environment regulation, food safety and housing regulations, all handed down since the UK went into lockdown.
Lockdown Law - Recent criminal law developments and relevant case law5th May 2020
3PB Barristers’ regulatory counsel David Richards, Head of the national chambers’ Public & Regulatory Law team and pupil barrister Dr Tagbo Ilozue have published a digest of recent criminal law developments and relevant case law since the UK went into lockdown.
Responding to Covid-19: The maritime perspective in the UK28th Apr 2020
David Richards, head of the marine group at 3PB and fellow barrister Dr Tagbo Ilozue have reviewed national and international maritime responses to the Covid 19 crisis, looking in particular at the UK regulatory framework that may be used to police responses to the coronavirus beyond the current lockdown.
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), University of Law – Distinction
- PhD, Developmental Biology, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB BChir), Queens’ College, University of Cambridge
- MA Philosophy and Psychology, Magdalen College, University of Oxford – 2:1
- Everard Ver Heyden Foundation Prize (for results in the BPTC) City Law School
- Winner of the City Law School Senior Moot, 2019
Professional qualifications & appointments
- BPTC, City Law School – Outstanding (7th in the year)
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)