Cannabis Law and Regulation
3PB’s Cannabis Group continues to establish themselves as one of the leading barristers chambers in the fast-evolving Cannabis Sector, giving the measured guidance and advice needed by the cross section of businesses and individuals already involved in, or looking to expand into, the UK’s fast growing medicinal cannabis and CBD product markets. This includes assisting pharmaceutical companies, cultivators, food and other novel product manufacturers, investors and retailers.
3PB’s unique cannabis regulation team brings together a range of specialist practitioners from across chambers with barristers being able to offer advice on diverse areas such as:
- The UK and European regulatory environment for developing and launching medical products into the UK market, and contractual issues
- Intellectual property rights for new medical products and brand protection
- Requirements on the lawful import, storage and export of cannabis based products to and from the UK
- Licensing regulations for those looking to cultivate high and low THC cannabis strains or open premises selling these products.
- Specialist planning law advice for developers looking to change their land use to cultivate medicinal cannabis plants
- All areas of food law, including the European ‘novel foods’ regime
- Regulatory advice for companies looking to invest into the UK cannabis market including the UK Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, the UK Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, as well as similar international regulations
Alongside expertise across the spectrum of regulatory and business issues, 3PB boasts excellent links with the UK and international law firms advising the sector who, in turn, are able to offer assistance with issues such as funding arrangements for those looking to invest into the market.
Predominantly advisory based, members of 3PB’s specialist sub team can offer advice and assistance at short notice and are prepared to offer support in writing, in person, over the telephone or video link. Equally, where transactional support is required, members are well versed in the preparation of a wide variety of commercial agreements.
Where clients actions are challenged by the UK Government or its regulatory bodies, 3PB’s substantial depth of experience in regulatory matters means that its barristers are on hand to offer robust advocacy where required, or to assist with pragmatic conflict resolution.
Our Public and Regulatory Barristers...
Loading Barrister Profiles...
Door Tenants are marked by the DT symbols.
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no news posts available.
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
Value for money and qualityThomson Reuters