Thomas is an experienced commercial and chancery practitioner. His broad litigation and advisory work covers most areas of the Law normally litigated in the Chancery Division, including:
- Corporate and personal insolvency
- Company law and partnership
- Shareholder disputes
Thomas’ practice also encompasses contentious and non-contentious work in the following fields: Property, trusts, wills and estates and probate.
Thomas has also acted as a specialist adviser in relation to VAT, to construction, development, public and charitable organisations.
He practised as a solicitor for over 12 years before transferring to the Bar, and has experience of a broad range of transactional property and corporate work. This includes investment sales and purchases, development, refinancing and landlord and tenant work.
Thomas appears regularly in the County Court, the High Court and the Court of Appeal and in Land Registry adjudication proceedings.
- Baker and another v Craggs  All ER (D) 105
- Société Générale v Goldas Kuyumculuk Sanayi Ithalat Ihracat A.S. and others; Société Générale v Goldas Kuyumculuk Sanayi Ithalat Ihracat A.S. and another  EWCA Civ 1093
- Thomas Homes Ltd v MacGregor  UKUT 495 (LC)
- Cotton & Anor v Brudenell-Bruce, Earl of Cardigan & Ors  EWCA Civ 1312 (17 October 2014)
- Melvin Allan Knight (2) Yvonne Knight v Chalgrove Parish Council (Miscellaneous cases : Miscellaneous)  EWLandRA 2014_0799
Clare College, Cambridge: (MA (Cantab), Mathematics)
College of Law, London:
- 1994 - 1996 June 1995 CPE: Commendation
- June 1996 LPC: Distinction
- Clare College scholarship in 1992, 1993
- Shrewsbury entrance scholarship in 1986
Thomas Talbot-Ponsonby is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information