3PB's specialist Commercial and Property law Barrister Thomas Talbot-Ponsonby has produced an article on Residential Landlord and Tenant Tax during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Clerk Name: Mark Heath
- Clerk Telephone: 0117 928 1520
- Clerk Email: [email protected]
Thomas is an experienced commercial and chancery practitioner. His broad litigation and advisory work covers most areas of the Law normally litigated in the Chancery Division, including:
- Corporate and personal insolvency
- Company law and partnership
- Shareholder disputes
Thomas’ practice also encompasses contentious and non-contentious work in the following fields: Property, trusts, wills and estates and probate.
Thomas has also acted as a specialist adviser in relation to VAT, to construction, development, public and charitable organisations.
He practised as a solicitor for over 12 years before transferring to the Bar, and has experience of a broad range of transactional property and corporate work. This includes investment sales and purchases, development, refinancing and landlord and tenant work.
Thomas appears regularly in the County Court, the High Court and the Court of Appeal and in Land Registry adjudication proceedings.
- Hobson v Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy  EWHC 1317 (Ch)  EWHC 1317 (Ch)
- Baker and another v Craggs  All ER (D) 105
- Société Générale v Goldas Kuyumculuk Sanayi Ithalat Ihracat A.S. and others; Société Générale v Goldas Kuyumculuk Sanayi Ithalat Ihracat A.S. and another  EWCA Civ 1093
- Thomas Homes Ltd v MacGregor  UKUT 495 (LC)
- Cotton & Anor v Brudenell-Bruce, Earl of Cardigan & Ors  EWCA Civ 1312 (17 October 2014)
- Melvin Allan Knight (2) Yvonne Knight v Chalgrove Parish Council (Miscellaneous cases : Miscellaneous)  EWLandRA 2014_0799
Residential Landlord and Tenant Tax during the Coronavirus pandemic20th Apr 2020