Antonietta Grasso considers the recent case of Ficcara & Others v James  UKUT 0038 (LC),  All ER (D) 30 (Mar), in which the tenants raised the issue of the interpretation of sections 40, 43 and 44 HPA2016 and whether the multiplicity of offences by a landlord should result in multiple rent repayment orders.
Property and Estates
Specialising in all property related matters, Antonietta is recognised by the legal directories year on year as Leading Junior in the field of Property Law, describing her as a feisty, excellent and stalwart advocate.
Commercial Landlord and Tenant
Antonietta has a wealth of experience acting for large retailers, developers, pension trusts and public authorities, as well as commercial tenants,
Antonietta’s experience covers matters including; lease renewals (incl.1954 act matters), forfeiture, disrepair, dilapidations, and service charge disputes.
Understanding the commercial pressures both landlords and tenants are under, Antonietta works with her clients to resolve issues and disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Residential Landlord and Tenant
Acting for both landlords and tenants, Antonietta advises in all aspects of this sphere from disrepair, breach of covenant, unlawful eviction, trespass and quiet enjoyment to anti-social behaviour nuisance, and harassment including housing related issues, such as homelessness. Antonietta has successfully seen her cases through to judicial review hearings in the Administrative Court and in the Court of Appeal.
Antonietta’s expertise covers all areas of Land Law, acting both land owners and developers. Her practice covers areas including; unregistered land adverse possession, ( boundary issues, right to light, easements and restrictive covenants, trespass and nuisance Antonietta also offers experience in Party Wall act disputes, and property damage matters.
Antonietta works with local authorities and stakeholders in a wide range of their property related issues from possession claims and homelessness appeals, injunctions (formerly known as ASBI and ASBOs), closure orders and committal proceedings. Antonietta also advises on stakeholders and authorities on regulatory and policy issues.
- Successfully sought permission from the Court of Appeal in a matter which concerned anti-social behaviour from a tenant’s autistic son, whom had been rehoused elsewhere
- Successfully applied to the Administrative Court against a section 128 possession notice against an introductory tenant for allegations of anti-social behaviour of trespassers in his home whilst he was serving a prison sentence
- Defending a tenant against a possession claim on the ground of rent arrears accrued after they were decanted following severe floods at her property
- Successfully applied for a costs order in the First-tier Tribunal
- Defending a costs application in the First-tier Tribunal, pursuant to an appeal being withdrawn
- Acting in a tree-root damage claim involving Monterey Pine trees, where the trees were interfering with a neighbouring fence and tarmacadam drive
- Acting for a local authority in committal proceedings for breach of an injunction order, pursuant to the Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014
Antonietta also accepts work on a direct access basis.
Rogue landlords: Do multiple offences mean multiple rent repayment orders?18th Mar 2021
Injunctions in the time of the Coronavirus14th Apr 2020
Injunctions in the time of the Coronavirus: Antonietta Grasso reviews the alternative solutions available to those whose possession claims have been delayed due to the coronavirus lockdown.
‘An excellent advocate, both well prepared and able to deal with issues as they arise.’
"Antonietta Grasso acts for landlords and tenants, including vulnerable clients, in judicial reviews, handling boundary, trespass, and property damage disputes."
Legal 500 2021/Regional Bar - Western Circuit, Property and construction – Leading juniors
‘A safe pair of hands.’
Legal 500 2020/Regional Bar - Western Circuit, Property – Leading juniors
'Highly experienced across a broad spectrum of property matters.'
Legal 500 2018/19/Regional Bar - Western Circuit, Property – Leading juniors
‘An excellent and stalwart advocate’
Legal 500 2017/Regional Bar - Western Circuit, Property – Leading juniors
‘A very effective advocate, who is always well prepared’
Legal 500 2016/Regional Bar - Western Circuit, Property – Leading juniors
‘She has a practical and purposeful approach to cases, and is always well prepared’
Legal 500 2015/Regional Bar - Western Circuit, Property – Leading juniors
'A feisty advocate who will fight for every client'
Legal 500 2014/Regional Bar - Western Circuit, Property – Leading juniors
- Middle Temple (2004)
- Forensic Science & Law, LL.B
- Property Bar Association
Antonietta Grasso is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information