- Clerk Name: David Fielder
- Clerk Telephone: 020 7583 8055
- Clerk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Property and Estates
Richard has advised and represented clients on a wide range of property disputes, including boundary disputes and nuisance claims.
Richard is regularly instructed to make and oppose applications for injunctions relating to property.
- Adverse possession
- Boundary and party wall disputes
- Breach of covenant disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Trusts and proprietary estoppel.
Notable and recent cases
- Acted in possession and Dilapidation claims
- Acted in boundary dispute trials
- Instructed in Multi-day High Court trials in relation to trespass and nuisance disputes, involving breaches of “Leakey” duties, which require evidence from many experts of different disciplines
- Acted in breach of covenant claims relating to unlawful subletting of properties through Airbnb
- Successfully obtained an order for an injunction and damages in a private nuisance by encroachment claim
- Successfully defended trespass claims
- Acted in nuisance claims relating to the escape of water and oil
- Acted in an interference with a right of way, breach of covenant and trespass dispute, which included a claim for aggravated damages and an injunction
- Advised in relation to claims involving proprietary estoppel
- Acted in claims in relation to the creation and construction of easements.
‘He is very user-friendly from an instructing solicitor's perspective, and his advice is clear and pragmatic.’
Legal 500 2022/Professional Negligence/Leading Juniors/Western Circuit
‘Richard is particularly strong at giving complicated advice in clear, succinct language that makes him popular with clients. Advice is always given with one eye on the practical and commercial implications for a client.’
Legal 500 2022/Commercial Litigation/Leading Juniors/Western Circuit
"3PB's 'commercial, pragmatic, and user-friendly' Richard Whitehouse is recommended for breach of contract claims, representing clients across a range of industry sectors. Recent work has included claims relating to negligent installation of amenities, cross-jurisdictional claims, and asset purchase agreements."
‘Combines solid, pragmatic commercial strategy with detailed legal knowledge.’
Legal 500 2021/Commercial Litigation/Western Circuit
"At 3PB, Richard Whitehouse 'deals with factually and legally messy disputes with ease and tenacity' and provides 'excellent quality of advice tempered with a pragmatic application to real world scenarios'. A former solicitor, Whitehouse represents clients in litigious and non-contentious disputes including actions against professionals for breach of contract, trust, and fiduciary duty. He is regularly instructed in complex, high-value commercial disputes by insurers, companies, law firms, and other professionals, including barristers, surveyors, architects, accountants, and brokers."
‘He takes a proactive and practical approach throughout the claims process and regularly receives praise from lay clients and instructing solicitors. His attention to detail and turnaround timescales are second to none.’
Legal 500 2021/Professional Discipline/Western Circuit
“Calm, professional and well prepared”
“Great with clients and is always able to put them at ease”
Legal 500 rankings
- Leading Junior 2022
- Bristol University – Law LLB (2:1)
- BPP Law School – BVC (Very Competent)
Professional qualifications & appointments
- ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Richard Whitehouse is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Access (or Public Access) scheme.More Information