Dispute Boards (DB, DAB and DRB)
Peter is on the FIDIC President’s Panel of Dispute Board Members. This list is currently limited to 69 people worldwide. He is a member of the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation. Peter is an international adjudicator on Dispute Adjudication Boards, Dispute Resolution Boards and Dispute Avoidance Boards.
He has lectured on the benefits of Dispute Boards in the UK, India, Italy, Mauritius and Dubai. He has been appointed to dispute boards by FIDIC, RICS and the ICC. Peter enjoys acting on standing dispute boards where he can use his construction and legal skills to work with the parties to avoid disputes.
Peter is a member of the TfL CAP (Conflict Avoidance Panel) and has been appointed several times to make recommendations to the Parties.
Peter is an adjudicator under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 and internationally under ICC, FIDIC and DRBF procedures.
Peter is a Chartered Arbitrator and has conducted arbitrations in the UK and internationally, including in Dubai. He has been appointed as arbitrator under the Water Industry Act, DIAC, and CIArb, as well as undertaking party appointments.
Peter qualified as a mediator on the CEDR training programme in 1999 and has acted regularly as a mediator having dealt with a range of matters including construction disputes, IT, copyright, internet and professional negligence.
Professional qualifications & appointments
Peter is on the following panels:
- Arbitration: CIArb, TECBAR, DIAC, GIAC
- Adjudication: RICS, TeCSA, CIArb, CIOB, CIC, TECBAR, ACE (Founder Member), FIDIC, DRBF
- Dispute Boards: DRBF, FIDIC, TECBAR, RICS
- Mediation: RICS, CIArb, Bar Council, TECBAR.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow of the Institute of Carpenters
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Licentiate of the City & Guilds of London Institute
- Member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Member of the Technology & Construction Bar Association (TECBAR)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Member of the Association of Midland Mediators
- Member of the Dispute Review Board Foundation
3PB recruits top arbitrators Planterose and Ribbands
3PB Barristers, one of the UK's largest and oldest chambers, continue their construction & engineering team’s expansion with the recruitment of two more s...Read more
3PB’s Peter Collie is awarded a Master of Laws (LLM) with Distinction by Nottingham Trent University
Head of 3PB’s Construction and Engineering group Peter Collie has completed a Master of Laws (LLM) at Nottingham Trent University. Peter will formally gradua...Read more
3PB's Peter Collie to talk at CIOB Training on 10 May 2016
TCC Group Head Peter Collie will be talking at the CIOB’s training event on Contracts (variations and changes) to be held at Salutem Ltd, Catherine Street, ...Read more