Jonathan provides representation to local authorities, bereaved families and other interested persons at inquests. He is able to provide ongoing advice and advocacy in any civil claim arising from fatalities. Jonathan has considerable experience of inquests involving complex medical issues, sensitive circumstances and the questioning of expert witnesses.
Jonathan’s experience includes:
- Hospital deaths
- Article 2 inquests
- Emergency services attendance
- Road traffic deaths
Recent inquests include:
- Re J: Representing the local authority (adult safeguarding) in an inquest touching the tragic drug-associated suicide of a vulnerable young man in his twenties.
- Re P: Representing an insurance company in an inquest touching the death of an elderly woman arising from a brain injury following a fatal road traffic collision.
- Re S: Representing the family in an inquest dealing with the tragic death of a young woman who suffered a fatal stroke secondary to acute pyogenic meningitis which was not diagnosed upon her initial attendance at hospital.
- Re A: An inquest involving two deaths following a high-speed road traffic collision with a motorcyclist.