Jonathan provides representation to bereaved families and other interested parties at inquests. He is able to provide ongoing advice and advocacy in any civil claim arising from fatalities. Jonathan has experience of inquests involving complex medical issues and the questioning of experts.
Jonathan’s experience also includes:
- Hospital deaths
- Road traffic deaths
- Emergency services attendance
- Article 2 inquests
Recent inquests include:
- Re S: Representing the family in an inquest dealing with the tragic death of a young woman in her twenties who suffered a fatal stroke secondary to acute pyogenic meningitis which was not diagnosed upon her initial attendance at hospital.
- Re A: An inquest involving two deaths following a high-speed road traffic accident with a motorcyclist.
- Representing the family at the Article 2 inquest arising out of a hanging in a psychiatric unit.
Jonathan is always conscious of the sensitivity and care required when representing families who are coping with the loss of a loved one and the importance of finding answers to the crucial questions which often remain following a death.
- LLB, King’s College London (First Class Honours)
- MSc, New College, University of Oxford (Dissertation Distinction)
- BPTC, The City Law School
- Law School Prize in Jurisprudence and Legal Theory (2010)
- King's Scholarship (2010)
- Winner, Inter-Inns of Court Debating Competition (2013)
- President of Debating at the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple (2013)
- President of External Mooting at the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple (2012)
- President of King's College Debating Society (2009)
Personal Injury update published by 3PB
The Personal Injury team has published its latest update including the latest on the Commons amendments regarding the Civil Liability Bill as considered by the ...Read more
3PB's Personal Injury team provides legal update on Disclosure, Fraud, Fundamental Dishonesty and Contempt Proceedings
3PB's Personal Injury team has put together an update on the following important topics: Disclosure - by Luke Ashby Fraud in motor claims - by Tom Webb Fundamen...Read more