David Kemeny is a first six pupil based at 3PB’s Bournemouth office, having joined in October 2020. He is undertaking a civil pupillage, with a particular interest in personal injury, clinical negligence, employment and commercial law.
David studied modern languages as an undergraduate and then international politics at postgraduate level, before completing the GDL where he excelled at mooting. He obtained an Outstanding award on the BPTC, with particularly high marks in Civil Litigation and Civil Advocacy.
Prior to commencing pupillage, David worked as a paralegal in a London firm specialising in personal injury claims, followed by over a year as a freelance county court advocate conducting infant approval hearings and small claims trials (including credit hire). He also volunteered at the Free Representation Unit and the Employment Tribunal Litigant-in-Person Scheme.
Outside work, David enjoys running, chess and other strategy games, and science fiction. In simpler times he also enjoys travelling, scuba diving, and attending live music performances.
- French (Fluent)
- German (Fluent)
- Danish (Working)
- Hungarian (Basic)
- Portuguese (Basic)
- BPTC (City University Law School)
- GDL (BPP)
- MSc International Politics (School of Oriental and African Studies)
- BA (Hons) French & German (University College London)
- Lincoln’s Inn Buchanan Award
- Lincoln’s Inn Lord Denning BTPC Scholarship
- BPP Internal Mooting Competition winner
- Westminster University Mooting Shield winner