3PB first-six pupil barrister Alex Leonhardt reviews the case Trecarrell House Ltd v Patricia Rouncefield  EWCA Civ 760 in a detailed article.
Property and Estates
Alex accepts instructions in all areas of landlord and tenant law, and appears frequently in residential possession cases for both landlords and tenants.
Recent instructions include providing advice on:
- Service charge liabilities following defects in notices and associated limitation issues
- The enforcement of leasehold covenants following potential waiver and estoppel.
Alex has a strong understanding of social housing allocations and homelessness law from his experience as a paralegal working in a housing and public law department specialising in these areas of work. He is keen to accept instructions in this area.
A Licence to be Loose? Consequences of the Court of Appeal’s decision on gaps in gas safety certificates in Trecarrell House Ltd v Patricia Rouncefield  EWCA Civ 76030th Jun 2020
Residential Landlord and Tenant Covid-19 Update21st Apr 2020
3PB’s Head of Property and Estates Group Matthew Cannings and Alex Leonhardt, pupil barrister, have produced an update for residential landlords and tenants during the coronavirus pandemic. The article considers the implications of the Coronavirus Act 2020 and Practice Direction 51Z of the Civil Procedure Rules and what the new provisions mean for residential landlords and tenants, including the imposition of a 90-day stay on most possession proceedings and the new three-month notice requirement.
- Bar Professional Training Course, Cardiff University 2017-18 (Very competent)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Cardiff University, 2016-17 (Distinction)
- MA Political Philosophy, University of York, 2011-2012 (Distinction)
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, University of Cambridge, 2005-2008
- Astbury Scholarship (Major Award), Middle Temple
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple
- Campbell Foster Prize for performance on the BPTC, Middle Temple