Property and Estates
Victoria is well placed to handle the full breadth of residential and commercial property disputes. She takes an analytical approach to her work, working closely with clients to identify and address potential weak points in a case.
Recent work includes:
- Public and private nuisance
- Easements (identification, interpretation and enforcement)
- Breaches of covenant
- Prescription Act
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, including rent arrears and alleged breaches of landlord obligations
- Possession hearings.
Victoria is experienced in settling pleadings on claims involving injunctions, declarations and damages. She has also advised on a wide range of property disputes as to the benefit of a right of way, and nuisance. Victoria has previously assisted and advised on cases relating to proprietary estoppel and restrictive covenants.
Victoria is particularly interested in handling cases relating to nuisance, which relate to broader environmental issues, and seeks to further develop this specialism. She welcomes cases which have an international dimension and representing in diverse forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Instructing solicitors have praised Victoria, stating: “I have no doubt that the kindness Victoria showed the client gave them the confidence to deliver their evidence as they did.”
One client enthused: “…thank you for fighting my corner and securing a fairer settlement for me. I am very grateful for your professional tenacity and skill.” Whilst another client noted: “Thanks to Victoria for working her magic so that we got the right result.
- School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS, University of London), BA Joint Hons: Chinese and Politics
- Pupillage Wig Award, University of Law
- Advocacy Scholarship, University of Law
- Harmsworth Scholarship, BPTC Major Award, Middle Temple
- Blackstone Entrance Award, Middle Temple
- Harmsworth Scholarship, GDL Major Award, Middle Temple
Professional qualifications & appointments
- University of Law, LLM in Bar in Practice
- University of Law, BPTC
- BPP Law, GDL
- Honourable Society of Middle Temple