Ian is an Accredited Mediator.
‘Ian is very knowledgeable about the UAE legal system and, more broadly, its relationship with the political system. To the extent that the law is not clear, Ian nonetheless gives pragmatic and usable advice.’
Legal 500 2022/Middle East: The English Bar/Commercial/Leading juniors
Legal 500 rankings
- Leading Junior 2022
- MA (Cantab)
- LLB (Cantab)
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Law Lecturer, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- Chartered Arbitrator
- Accredited Mediator (Clerksroom)
- Legislative Council of the Dubai International Finance Centre (DIFC)
- President of Family Division’s International Committee (as expert on Islamic and Middle East Law)
- Director of the Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
- SOAS University of London (where he teaches all aspects of Islamic and Middle East law, at Masters level as well as Masters courses on international commercial arbitration, international fraud and private international law).