Emma is an ADR Group Accredited Mediator.
‘Emma is an excellent advocate, very tenacious and has a high level of mental fortitude. She is passionate about the work she does and instils confidence in clients, even those who are anxious and vulnerable.’
"Emma Waldron successfully acting for Queen Mary, University of London in a discrimination claim."
Legal 500 2021/Leading Individual – Education
‘Does a very good job even in difficult circumstances.’
Legal 500 2020/Leading Individual – Education
Has a broad practice encompassing a wide range of education matters. She offers expertise in special educational needs and discrimination issues, and is also able to advise on admission and exclusion appeals. She regularly represents universities, schools, academies and local authorities, as well as parents and young persons.
Strengths: "Her questioning of witnesses is really good - sensitive and to the point. Her written submissions are also really clear." "She has the ability to calm anxious clients and makes them understand why they are there and what the issues are."
Recent work: Represented Southampton City Council in an appeal against a decision by the First-tier Tribunal to refuse to name a particular specialist provision in a child's education health and care plan.
Chambers UK 2021/Education - London (Bar) - Up and coming
- BPTC (BPP Law School, 2010-2011) – Outstanding
- GDL (BPP Law School, 2009-2010)
- BA (Hons) Politics (St Chad’s College, University of Durham)
- Harmsworth and Astbury Scholar, Middle Temple
- Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple
- Ian Graham Award for outstanding contribution to student life, University of Durham
Professional qualifications & appointments
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- Education Law Association (ELAS)
- Member of the Association of Women Barristers
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
Emma Waldron is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information