Catherine Purdy reviews remote hearings.
- Clerk Name: Robert Leonard
- Clerk Telephone: 01202 292102
- Clerk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine undertakes a wide variety of work in the area of personal injury. She acts for both Claimants and Defendants, appearing in fast and multi-track cases at all stages, from drafting pleadings, early directions and interlocutory applications, through to final hearings, where both liability and quantum may be in issue.
Catherine's clients have included individuals of all ages who have experienced both physical and psychological injuries.
Catherine accepts instructions under Conditional Fee Agreements in appropriate claims, from insurance company-backed litigants, Local Authorities and other privately-paying individuals.
Catherine’s cases have involved:
- Allegations of fraud in a RTA claim
- Abuse of Process argument and whether there was a failure to litigate all possible claims simultaneously
- Slips and trips caused by:
- Recent adverse weather conditions
- Defects in and/or a failure to maintain the highway
- Spills and obstacles in the work place
- Spills and obstacles in shops, leisure centres and other public places
- A claim for an already wheelchair-bound claimant under the Highways Act 1980
- A child whose arm was trapped in an escalator
- Claims involving the use of holiday homes
- A Fatal Accidents Act claim resulting from an accident on a fishing boat
- A claim in the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority involving psychological damage of an alleged rape victim
- A loss of earnings claim based on alleged psychological damage.
Catherine has appeared for family members of the deceased at inquests and has lectured in-house on all aspects of Employers and Occupiers Liability Claims.
Catherine has completed Equality and Diversity Training.
Remote Hearings: All Change, Please, All Change?11th Jun 2020
- BA (Oxon)
- Family Law Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
- Western Circuit