Matthew Curtis edits the Employment and Discrimination team's December newsletter
3rd December 2020
Matthew Curtis welcomes you to our last Employment and Discrimination newsletter of 2020 and thanks this month's contributors: Stephen Wyeth, Karen Moss, Colin McDevitt, Sarah Bowen, Lachlan Wilson, Andrew MacPhail and Joseph England.
You will find this month’s newsletter packed full of 3PB news, analysis and case law updates, as well as our opening hours over the Christmas period.
News and topics reviewed include:
- Our video on "Whistleblowing: key concepts, injunctions, and updates on procedure"
- Sarah Bowen's media interview on holidays during furlough
- Changes to ACAS Early Conciliation
- Tickets for a free theatrical reading of Nicholas Nickleby on 13 December
This month's case law reviews and analysis covers:
- Dray Simpson v Cantor Fitzgerald: whistleblowing masterclass revisited
- Cost plus: still alive and kicking? An analysis of Heskett v Secretary of State for Justice  EWCA Civ 1487
- A video of November's legal developments, including:
- Changes to the furlough scheme
- Decision on amendments in the case of Vaughan v Modality Partnership - also reviewed in one of our papers
- Remote hearings practice direction and how this is being applied a few months in.
- The strictness of contractual appeal time limits: an analysis of Joseph v Deloitte NSE LLP  EWCA Civ.