Tom is experienced in a variety of clinical negligence matters, including claims arising from dental, hospital and physiotherapy treatment. Instructions have included requests to draft pre-action correspondence under the protocol, as well as conduct of matters once issued.
Tom’s PI practice has involved matters whereby cosmetic surgery is in issue (either in terms of injury undermining such previous surgery or where cosmetic surgery is recommended in the future) and so he is well placed to deal with clinical negligence claims arising in the cosmetic field.
In 2018 Tom has acted as junior in an ongoing multi-million pound child brain injury case. The claim arises from a negligent failure to respond to hypoglycaemia shortly after birth and is presently listed for trial in 2019.
Examples of recent cases include:
- Negligent removal of wisdom teeth
- Bowel injury sustained during an appendectomy
- Failure to adequately treat broken fingers at a fracture clinic
- Failure by a physiotherapist to refer a patient for further treatment following scan results in respect of a back injury, thus delaying remedial surgery
- Junior in ongoing multi-million pound child brain injury case.
- LLB (Hons)
- BVC (BPP London)
- Middle Temple Lowry Scholar
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Thames Valley Police Disciplinary Hearing Independent Panel Member
- Part-time lecturer 2014/2015, Winchester University
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Tom Webb is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
Tom Webb Successful in Obtaining Fundamental Dishonesty Finding
Earlier this month Tom Webb represented EUI Limited before HHJ Owen QC at the Nottingham County Court in an LVI road traffic matter. Following a full trial, Tom...Read more
3PB Barrister Tom Webb successful on appeal
On Monday 30th October Tom Webb successfully represented the Defendant on appeal against the decision of a district judge made at a stage 3 hearing. The issue c...Read more
3PB's Personal Injury team provides legal update on Disclosure, Fraud, Fundamental Dishonesty and Contempt Proceedings
3PB's Personal Injury team has put together an update on the following important topics: Disclosure - by Luke Ashby Fraud in motor claims - by Tom Webb Fundamen...Read more