Tom is experienced in a variety of clinical negligence matters, including claims arising from dental, hospital and physiotherapy treatment. Instructions have included requests to draft pre-action correspondence under the protocol, as well as conduct of matters once issued.
Tom’s PI practice has involved matters whereby cosmetic surgery is in issue (either in terms of injury undermining such previous surgery or where cosmetic surgery is recommended in the future) and so he is well placed to deal with clinical negligence claims arising in the cosmetic field.
In 2018 Tom was instructed as a junior in an on-going multi-million pound child brain injury case. The claim arises from a negligent failure to respond to hypoglycaemia shortly after birth and is presently listed for trial in 2019.
Examples of recent cases include:
- Negligent removal of wisdom teeth
- Bowel injury sustained during an appendectomy
- Failure to adequately treat broken fingers at a fracture clinic
- Failure by a physiotherapist to refer a patient for further treatment following scan results in respect of a back injury, thus delaying remedial surgery
- Haemophiliac suffering extensive bleed during surgery due to alleged failure to adequately plan the operation
- Allegedly negligent conduct of a caesarean section
- Failure to refer patient for further expert opinion in respect of an ankle injury
- Junior in ongoing multi-million pound child brain injury case.
- LLB (Hons)
- BVC (BPP London)
- Middle Temple Lowry Scholar
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Fee-Paid Judge of the First-tier Tribunal, Social Entitlement Chamber
- Thames Valley Police Disciplinary Hearing Independent Panel Member
- Part-time lecturer 2014/2015, Winchester University
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Tom Webb is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
Tom Webb appointed as Fee-Paid First Tier Tribunal Judge
3PB is pleased to announce that the Senior President of Tribunals has appointed Tom Webb as a fee-paid judge of the First Tier Tribunal. Tom will sit in the Soc...Read more
Personal Injury update published by 3PB
The Personal Injury team has published its latest update including the latest on the Commons amendments regarding the Civil Liability Bill as considered by the ...Read more
Tom Webb Successful in Obtaining Fundamental Dishonesty Finding
Earlier this month Tom Webb represented EUI Limited before HHJ Owen QC at the Nottingham County Court in an LVI road traffic matter. Following a full trial, Tom...Read more