Nicholas Leviseur has an extensive practice and considerable experience in serious personal injury and clinical negligence claims particularly those involving disputes between experts as to causation and high value cases where quantification of damage raises serious issues of principle. He is regularly instructed in brain injury cases and has a particular expertise in managing multi disciplinary teams of experts from an early stage in the litigation process.
Clinical negligence cases of interest have included genital surgery, general practitioner want of care, obstetric disasters, neurological misdiagnosis and those in which there has been a real absence of consent to surgical intervention. He has also appeared in a number of important cases in which very real issues of contributory negligence have been addressed by the Court of Appeal.
He has considerable familiarity with issues which commonly arise in whole life loss of earnings and care cases and is a contributor to the PNBA publication Facts and Figures.
Nicholas has experience with marine accidents to include off shore rig cases, falling into holds and two liner holiday cases.
- Akers v Heald and the MIB The Times 14 January 2003 CA
- Eagle v Chambers (No 1)  RTR 9 CA
- Eagle v Chambers (No 2)  1WLR 3081 CA
- Roe v Novak and Manchester City Council The Times 27 November 1998 CA
- Stacey v Joint Mission Hospital Equipment Board The Times 5 November 2001
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Legal Adviser to the General Dental Council
- Legal Assessor to the General Optical Council
- Called to the Bar of Southern Ireland
- Legal Assessor to the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Legal Assessor to the General Chiropractic Council
3PB barrister Nicholas Leviseur in corporate governance case law: membership groups, terminating membership and an implied term
Judgment was given last week in Dymoke v Association for Dance Movement Pyschotherapy UK Ltd  EWHC 94 (QB) by Mr Justice Popplewell. The case concerned a ...Read more
Personal Injury update published by 3PB
The Personal Injury team has published its latest update including the latest on the Commons amendments regarding the Civil Liability Bill as considered by the ...Read more
3PB's Public and Regulatory team provide an update on the CQC and Practice and Procedure
On 15 March 2018 3PB Barristers Nicholas Leviseur, Nicholas Cotter and Sunyana Sharma presented a seminar on The CQC: Aims, Powers and Enforcement Powers and...Read more