Having gained a wealth of knowledge in other areas, Graham has most recently begun accepting instructions in sports law matters and has a keen interest in regulatory and disciplinary aspects of the area, both domestically and internationally.
He regularly prosecutes in prohibited substance matters for the British Horseracing Authority, as well as assisting with other disciplinary matters on the Authority’s behalf.
Graham is fantastic with professional and lay clients and his hard working ethic and down to earth approach makes him one to watch.
- Enquiry heard by the British Horseracing Association’s Disciplinary Panel on 29 June 2017 Woodacre, owned by Richard Whitaker, and the alleged use of phenylbutazone and oxyphenbutazone. To read more about this enquiry, please click here
- Enquiry heard by the British Horseracing Association’s Disciplinary Panel on 22 June 2017 relating to Urban Storm, owned by Norman Thomas and the alleged use of omeprazole. For more information, please click here
- Enquiry heard by the British Horseracing Association’s Disciplinary Panel on 25 May 2017, relating to Geordie des Champs, trained by Rebecca Curtis and the use of caffeine. Please click here to read more about the enquiry.
“I am so grateful to you and Graham for all your help. You are absolutely right, its a great outcome and the legal advice and support made all the difference. Graham Gilbert was excellent.” Client feedback to instructing solicitor.
- BPTC – City Law School – Very Competent
- GDL – City Law School – Commendation.
- BA Hons Ancient History – University of Exeter – 1st Class
- City Law School: 7 Bedford Row Criminal Law Prize Essay
- University of Exeter awarded a Dean’s Commendation for “outstanding academic achievement”
Professional qualifications & appointments
- CPS Prosecutor – Grade 1
- Western Circuit
3PB sports barrister Graham Gilbert examines sexism in football and the independence of disciplinary panels – issues arising from the recent David Moyes case
3PB sport law barrister Graham Gilbert has written an article for LawInSport on sexism in football and the independence of disciplinary panels in light of issue...Read more
3PB’s Graham Gilbert examines the trend for lesser sentences in offences of reckless arson
3PB’s Graham Gilbert examines the trend for lesser sentences in offences of reckless arson. Two recent appeals against sentences passed for offences of reckle...Read more
3PB’s Graham Gilbert on speeding convictions, avoiding them and their consequences
Graham Gilbert examines the recent sentencing decision of a man who used a device to avoid detection by police speed traps and asks if the penalty handed down w...Read more