Tagbo Ilozue has amassed considerable experience in Personal Injury, acting for claimants and defendants in small and fast track claims, stage 3 hearings, infant settlements, and related applications. He appears regularly in the county court and maintains a busy paperwork practice, drafting pleadings and advising in relation to liability, quantum, and procedure.
He has been instructed on cases involving:
- Road traffic accidents
- Credit hire
- Employers’ liability
- Public liability
- Occupiers’ liability
- Health and Safety regulations
Notable recent cases include:
- R v N (2021) Small Claim RTA
Represented the defendant, who was found likely to have contravened a traffic light but nevertheless held to have no liability for the subsequent accident.
- K v B (2021) Advice on an RTA claim
Advised the claimant on liability and expert evidence in relation to an injury sustained after the sudden braking of a bus.
- C v S (2021) Stage 3
Represented the claimant and secured an award of £8,440 for a soft tissue shoulder injury and associated adjustment disorder.
- W v B (2021) Small Claim RTA
Represented the defendant driver in relation to an accident resulting from lane changes on a dual carriageway. Claim dismissed and judgment in full for the defendant on the counterclaim.
- P v N (2020) Small Claim RTA
Represented the defendant lorry driver in a dispute arising from a collision with a car after the lorry moved off from a parked position. Claim dismissed.
- R v W (2021) Advice and drafting on an Occupiers’ liability claim
Advised the claimant and drafted the particulars of claim for proceedings against three defendants arising from an injury sustained in a fall in a shopping centre.
- B v A (2020) Small Claim RTA
Represented the defendant in a technical dispute over additional diminution in value of the claimant’s damaged vehicle over and above the cost of repair.
- F v S (2020) Fast Track RTA
Represented the claimant cyclist in a trial on quantum.
- F v T (2020) Stage 3
Represented the claimant, securing an award of £10,500 for a soft tissue neck injury.
- K v U (2020) Stage 3 and infant settlement
Represented the claimant, securing an award of £8,500 for situational anxiety on a background of autism.
- G v P (2020) Fast Track RTA
Represented the claimant, who was the driver of a car involved in a collision with a moped. Judgment in full for the claimant.
- C v D (2020) Fast Track application hearing
Successful application for permission for the claimant to reply on additional psychological, orthopaedic, and dermatological expert evidence.
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), University of Law – Distinction
- PhD, Developmental Biology, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB BChir), Queens’ College, University of Cambridge
- MA Philosophy and Psychology, Magdalen College, University of Oxford – 2:1
- Everard Ver Heyden Foundation Prize (for results in the BPTC) City Law School
- Winner of the City Law School Senior Moot, 2019
Professional qualifications & appointments
- BPTC, City Law School – Outstanding (7th in a year of over 400 students)
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS, expired in July 2019)
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Criminal Bar Association
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers