Anthony Bingham (Tony) is a specialist in Building & Civil Engineering litigation, arbitration, adjudication and alternative dispute resolution. Tony is a practising barrister, arbitrator, adjudicator and mediator. He joined 3PB in 1991.
Add this expertise to your shortlist
Tony Bingham is a practising barrister, arbitrator, adjudicator and mediator. He joined 3PB in 1991.
His main practice is Building and Civil Engineering in the nature of the Technology & Construction Court.
Became a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitration in 1981 up until 2021 and now has significant experience as a sole Arbitrator and as President of 3-member tribunals. His arbitral appointments outside of UK include Sweden, West Indies and East Africa. Most appointments are for Civil Engineering & Building disputes since Tony Bingham is dual qualified being a Chartered Surveyor, Chartered Builder and practising Barrister.
Tony Bingham has been appointed to well over 100 Adjudication disputes. He is a member of the following nomination panels:
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Construction Industry Council
He will accept appointments as adjudicator as a Member of a Dispute Resolution Board.
In recent years this dispute management system has become another important part of Tony Bingham’s practice.
Weekly legal columnist in ‘Building’ since 1987.
- LLB (Hons)
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Accredited Adjudicator
- Chartered Arbitrator
- Fellowship Examiner to the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Visiting Professorship of the McBains Cooper Chair of Construction Law at the University of Ulster
- Visiting Lecturer to the College of Estate Management, University of Reading
- Visiting professor at the University of Northumbria
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Fellow of the Architecture and Surveying Institute
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Member of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors