Naomi Webber edits 3PB's May Employment and Discrimination Newsletter
Naomi Webber has edited 3PB's latest Employment and Discrimination newsletter, including contributions from Craig Ludlow, Sarah Bowen, Sarah Clarke, Katherine Anderson, Grace Nicholls, Daniel Brown, Faizul Azman, and Naomi Webber.
The newsletter provides key resources to help businesses manage the employment consequences of the COVID-19 crisis including guidance and analysis arising from our recent successful webinar.
News and topics reviewed include:
- Guide to the main issues linked to COVID 19, including the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, contractual variation and discrimination law.
- Latest updates to furlough guidance from HMRC
- Update on the current situation in the Employment Tribunals and a look ahead to what may be to come
- Frustration and Contracts of Employment in the context of COVID-19
- Statutory pay for parents on furlough
- Mark Green is successful in one of the first ‘virtual’ EATs
- Law Commission report on Employment Law Hearing Structures
- CJEU finds that the Charter of Fundamental Rights and the Equal Treatment Directive can apply to a hypothetical recruitment drive.
Case law reviews
- Barclays Bank plc v Various Claimants  UKSC 13 – vicarious liability
- Rakova v London North West Healthcare NHS Trust UKEAT/0043/19/LA – disability discrimination
- WM Morrisons Supermarkets plc v Various Claimants -  UKSC 12 – vicarious liability yand data protection
- Carluccio’s – a serving of clarity for administrators
- SMO v Hywel Dda University Health Board  EWHC 727 (QB) - breach of mutual trust and confidence
- B v Yodel Delivery Network Ltd - ECJ rules on 'worker status' under Working Time Directive
Value for money and qualityThomson Reuters