William Charlesworth joined 3PB in September 2021 as a Third Six Pupil specialising in construction & engineering claims and property law. He accepts instructions for the provision of advisory, advocacy and Alternative Dispute Resolution services.
Dual qualified as a Chartered Surveyor, William brings considerable industry experience and added qualifications to his role as a barrister and possesses significant court and advisory experience having undertaken his pupillage at the Crown Prosecution Service before developing a common law practice at another well-known London Chambers. Instructing Solicitors describe him as “tenacious”, “meticulous”, “conscientious”,” courteous” and “client-focused”.
William has substantial construction disputes experience, having worked as a consultant in the Construction Disputes & Advisory Services team for Yendall Hunter. He specialised in the provision of expert evidence in relation to the quantum of construction and engineering disputes; a role that included advising on some of the largest international construction disputes ongoing at the time. He has notable experience of working alongside sector leading construction teams at UK and international law firms.
He is further able to demonstrate a commercial acumen, having formally been employed as a Senior Fund/Development Monitor for McBains Limited. Within his role, he provided consultancy services to clearing banks and other international lending organisations in relation to risk associated with development finance. Having worked on a number of flagship schemes, he has experience undertaking technical reviews of legal documents including the Construction Contracts, Professional Appointment Documents and Collateral Warranties, as well as ensuring the requisite ongoing compliance by the borrower.
Prior to moving to London, William spent eight years in the Northwest of England working as a surveyor and contracts manager, both for a contractor and a PQS consultancy.
- University of Cambridge – MSt. Construction Engineering
- University of Law – BPTC (Very Competent)
- University of Law – Graduate Diploma in Law
- University of Salford – BSc (Hons.) Quantity Surveying
- Kalisher Trust Advocacy Scholar
- Middle Temple – HHJ Paul Clark Scholarship
- Middle Temple – Blackstone Entrance Exhibition
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Professional Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- RICS, Diploma in Arbitration
- RICS, Accredited Mediator (Civil & Commercial)
- Professional Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Middle Temple
William Charlesworth is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information