Public and Regulatory
- Police Force v G: Closure Order (A). Obtained closure order in respect of suspected crack house. Occupant used threatened neighbours with violence.
- Chief Constable v F: Firearms Licence Appeal (R). Hundreds of guns found at residence of a registered firearms dealer together with prohibited weapons and prohibited ammunition. PII and evidential issues resultant from concurrent criminal proceedings.
- Chief Constable v Q: Firearms Licence Appeal (R). Revocation of firearms certificate on basis of intelligence reports. Appeal concerned PII and public safety considerations.
- Local Authority v Z: Leaving Litter (P). Prosecution brought by local authority for littering in public place.
- Local Authority v N: Contempt of Court (D). Vulnerable, elderly client alleged to have breached ASBO.
“Words cannot explain how elated I am with the outcome today. I am ever so grateful. Wanted to express my deepest appreciation” – client’s email to instructing solicitor.
“I am extremely grateful for the excellent work you have done on this case” – email from instructing solicitor.
“I’ve just had a chat with young Mr. F and he’s asked me to pass on his sincere thanks for yesterday. In his words you were top dollar and really cool. Thank you for all your efforts in securing a great result for us” – email from instructing solicitor.
- BPTC (Kaplan)
- LLB (Newcastle University)
- Academic Scholar (Canford School)
- The Luboshez Award (Middle Temple)
- Arnold and Porter Prize for Competition Law (N’cle)
- Pinsent Masons Prize for Public Law (N’cle)
- Cartmell Shepherd Mooting Prize
- Criminal Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Thomas Acworth is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB criminal barrister Thomas Acworth secures the acquittal of a young man accused of sexual assault
3PB criminal barrister Thomas Acworth secured an acquittal for a young man who was accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl at a house party. The case invo...Read more
Criminal Barrister Thomas Acworth represents Asperger sufferer in Bournemouth Crown Court
3PB Criminal barrister Thomas Acworth represented a defendant with a long history of mental instability, who threatened his father with a knife at the family ho...Read more
Read our December 2017 round up of criminal news in brief by our crime team
Criminal barristers Thomas Evans, Graham Gilbert and Thomas Acworth bring you the latest edition of Criminal News in Brief. The Supreme Court Assistance by Defe...Read more