Year of Call: 2019
Rachel Bale is completing her pupillage at 3PB Oxford with a particular interest in general civil, property, chancery and commercial litigation.
Rachel graduated with a First Class Law degree, before obtaining a distinction in her LLM and a BPTC qualification. She was called to the Bar in 2019.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Rachel worked as a paralegal at Matrix Chambers in London undertaking advanced legal research on behalf of members covering civil, commercial and human rights disputes. She also volunteered as a County Court assistant, providing housing advice and representing clients facing eviction.
Rachel has a desire to assist those from backgrounds which are under-represented in law to enter the Bar having co-founded a mentoring programme at Matrix named ‘Future Lawyers’ for aspiring barristers who may have been in care, received free school meals, have a disability or be an ethnic minority. She also founded ‘Her Bar’, the online Hub providing support and resources for aspiring and practising women barristers.
- LLB English and French Law, First Class Honours - Kent University
- LLM Legal Practice, Distinction - University of Law, London
- BPTC, Very Competent - University of Law, London
- Certificate in Droit Civil, Paris I-Panthéon Sorbonne University
- Major Exhibition Award - Inner Temple
- Duke of Edinburgh Award - Inner Temple
- H Case Ellis Spirit of Mediation Award – International Mediation Competition, Chicago (Finalist mediator of 400 competitors)