- Clerk Name: Sam Collins
- Clerk Email: [email protected]
Property and Estates
Jamie Johnston is a property barrister who combines real-world experience with deep legal knowledge and a forensic attention to detail. He appears frequently in the Business and Property Court, County Court and in the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). Jamie has a strong reputation for acting in cases concerning boundary disputes, restrictive covenant and proprietary estoppel.
Jamie has a strong personal interest in landlord and tenant work as he has managed a portfolio of residential property for several years. This experience informs his property practice in all aspects of commercial and residential landlord and tenant work. He recently delivered LexisNexis’ 2023 webinar on commercial rent arrear recoveries.
In the past few months, Jamie has:
- Represented and advised both commercial and residential clients in several trespass and boundary disputes.
- Advised in a variety of commercial lease issues including breaches of tenancy, forfeiture and service charge liabilities.
- Contested a possession claim defended on grounds of proprietary estoppel.
- Represented and advised in a number of cases concerning rights of way and breaches of restrictive covenants.
- Advised on prospects of appeal to the Lands Tribunal.
- Drafted pleadings in multiple commercial and residential landlords in possession claims.
- Acted for several local authorities in the West Midlands and South West England in a range of property disputes.
"Jamie and I worked together negotiating a national sport contract. He had great attention to detail; displayed speed with which he picked up the issues; had a very effective and measured negotiating style; and was a pleasure to work with."
Rod Findlay, Sports lawyer
“Very impressed with Jamie – clear logical advice but most importantly his approachability. I will be using him again and will recommend him to my Real Estate dispute colleagues.”