- Clerk Name: Russell Porter
- Clerk Telephone: 01865 793 736
- Clerk Email: [email protected]
Grace Holden regularly appears in the County Court, representing both claimants and defendants in a range of personal injury matters. She has been noted by Circuit Judges for ‘cross-examining skilfully and submitting persuasively’ and putting ‘careful and considerate questions’.
Her work includes:
- Trials in road traffic accident, occupier’s liability and employer’s liability cases.
CCMCs for a range of multi-track cases.
- Interim applications; including strike-out, summary judgment and relief from sanctions.
- Drafting pleadings for both claimants and defendants.
- Advising on liability and quantum.
- Appearing on behalf of interested parties in Coroner’s Inquests.
- Undertaking work as part of public inquiries.
She has recently:
- Represented a claimant in an assault at work case, achieving settlement by JSM for a sum worth in excess of £150,000.
- Represented a claimant in a noise-induced hearing loss claim.
- Drafted pleadings for a claimant in a public liability claim involving complex physical and psychological injuries.
Grace also has significant experience of handling fundamental dishonesty cases, representing both claimants and defendants. She has:
- Achieved the withdrawal of claims on multiple occasions after her cross-examination of the claimant.
- Achieved a finding of fundamental dishonesty against three claimants, held to be jointly liable for costs.
- Negotiated the withdrawal of claims at the outset of the hearing on favourable terms.
Grace was previously instructed as the Junior Legal Adviser to the Independent Inquiry set up to review the circumstances surrounding the malpractice of surgeon Ian Paterson.