Much of Ashley’s practice overlaps family matters and disputes. She regularly advises on TOLATA matters and has appeared in applications to annul bankruptcy order in the context of marital breakdowns.
Co-ownership and Trusts of Land
Ashley appears in Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA) claims. She has experience of occupation rent claims and where there has been a failure to pay the mortgage by one party.
- M v M - Dispute between a father and son regarding various properties, promissory estoppel, and constructive trusts with an international element. The matter started as a small claim and was transferred to the multi-track. Proceedings were settled after Ashley drafted a Reply to the Amended Defence.
- DH v PP - Dispute between former cohabiting couple and whether or not there was a common intention constructive trust.
- SH v ZM - Dispute between a former couple which included significant analysis of financial statements, taking of an account and occupation rent.
Ashley accepts instructions for FDAs and FDRs.
“Thanks very much for the advice. Please pass on my thanks to counsel – prompt, straight to the point, clear and professionally done.”
- Law (LLB) 1st Class, University of Derby
- BA (Hons) History (Religion), University of Toronto, Canada
- BPTC (BPP University) Very Competent 2017
- Certificate in Civil Law, Paris II-Panthéon Assas University 2012
- Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize, Middle Temple 2018
- Leeds Medico-Legal Society Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Prize 2017
- Dean’s BPTC Scholarship 2015
- Sweet & Maxwell Law Prize 2014
- Nicholas Pumfrey Memorial Scholarship, Middle Temple 2014
- Blackstone Entrance Scholarship, Middle Temple 2014
- Land Law Prize, UoD 2013
- Scholarship, Fondation pour le Droit Continental 2012
- Chancery Bar Association
- STEP (Affiliate)