Stephen Wyeth edits 3PB's February Employment and Discrimination Newsletter
Cases reviewed are:
- Q v Secretary of State for Justice UKEAT/0120/19/JOJ - When are Article 8 rights engaged in the context of an unfair dismissal claim and how should the engagement of such rights be approached by the tribunal?
- Duncan Lewis Solicitors v Puar UKEAT/0175/19/RN - Strike Out: seriousness of default and possibility of a fair trial require careful consideration
- Casamitjana v The League Against Cruel Sports (ET case no. 3331129/2018) - Ethical veganism: a philosophical belief
- Has the test for whether or not an appeal should be allowed in respect of a case management decision, as laid down in O'Cathail v Transport of London, been impliedly overruled by R (Osborn) v Parole Board? No, says the EAT in Chowdhury v Marsh Farm Futures UKEAT/0473/18/DA
- Shah v TIAA Ltd UKEAT/0180/19/BA - Reasonable adjustments - Is it relevant that the employee didn't mention them?
- Basfar v Wong UKEAT/0223/19/BA - Diplomatic immunity and leapfrog
Highly regarded chambersChambers and Partners