Victoria Hamblen discusses the case of Consulting Concepts International Inc v Consumer Protection Association (Saudi Arabia)  EWCA Civ 1699 and explores the implications of limitation defences in cases involving contracts for services.
Victoria accepts instructions across the whole range of commercial and contractual disputes and is regularly instructed at all stages of proceedings, providing advice, settling pleadings and appearing in court at interlocutory hearings and trials. Victoria welcomes instructions in all commercial matters and has a particular interest and experience in claims relating to directors liabilities, fiduciary duties, misrepresentation, incorporation of terms and penalty clauses, and the enforcement of settlement agreements.
Recent work includes:
- Advising in relation to a claim in relation to alleged breaches and dispute as to contract variations on a cruise
- Debt recovery in relation to an employment dispute involving a recruitment agency
- Acting on behalf of businesses and consumers in relation to claims under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Advising on the law of agency and principal in relation to a business to business contracting contract
- Advising a company on potential breaches of the Companies Act by an accountant and quantum
- Appearing in a range of interim application hearings, relating to strike out, summary judgment, set aside applications, relief from sanctions applications, and case management conferences.
Victoria has previously completed an intensive course in commercial mediation and has experience of representing clients in mediations and settlement negotiations in a wide range of commercial contexts.
Limitation defences, under contracts for new services3rd Feb 2023
Instructing solicitors have praised Victoria, stating: “I have no doubt that the kindness Victoria showed the client gave them the confidence to deliver their evidence as they did.”
One client enthused: “…thank you for fighting my corner and securing a fairer settlement for me. I am very grateful for your professional tenacity and skill.” Whilst another client noted: “Thanks to Victoria for working her magic so that we got the right result.