Sharan acts for both claimants and defendants in personal injury claims in the fast and multi tracks, being regularly instructed to conduct trials, disposal hearings, applications and other interim hearings. She holds particular expertise in occupiers’ liability and public liability claims which are reinforced by her work with local authorities, involving accidents on the roads, public areas and schools/playgrounds. She has vast experience in dealing with RTAs including LVI and fraudulent claims and claims involving the MIB.
Sharan has extensive experience in employers’ liability, product liability, psychiatric injury, Animals Act claims and industrial injuries involving chemicals, her practice is constantly developing in claims relating to fatal & catastrophic injuries, industrial diseases and travel claims.
Cases of Interest include:
- Advising a Claimant who suffered a traumatic double amputation below the ankle and below the knee while working as a labourer and having been instructed to destroy a concrete column which was supporting a balcony overhead
- Advising a Claimant in an action where construction material escaped from a site striking her to the head causing injuries
- Representing a Claimant in the First Tier Tribunal and successfully appealing the CICA’s decision not to make an award under the Scheme
- Represented a Minor in an action where she fell from a set of monkey bars while playing at school sustaining fractures to the wrist and elbow. Liability was initially denied but favourable settlement was ultimately achieved
- Representing a Claimant in the CICA who had a significant loss of earnings claim following his inability to return to work following an assault
- Advised a Claimant who suffered permanent scarring after being attacked by a dog. Achieved favourable settlement
- Successfully arguing against relief from sanctions being granted in a claim where the Defendant was seeking to rely on witness evidence served two weeks late
- Successfully appealing a District Judge’s decision on summary assessment of costs where the Court was wrong in its approach as to the issue of proportionality and the applicable percentage uplift.
11th Jun 2020
3PB's Sharan Sanghera analyses the provision of PPE during the Coronavirus pandemic.
2nd Sep 2016
Sharan Sanghera examines the Court's decision finding that two claimants were precluded by the ex turpi causa principle from recovering damages in Joseph Thomas Beaumont & Lewis O'Neill v David Ferrer  EWHC Civ 768.
2nd Sep 2016
The correct application of cpr 45.49c by Sharan Sanghera - Bruno Manuel dos Santos Mendes V Hochtief (UK) Construction Ltd  EWHC 976 (QB)
2nd Sep 2016
Andrew Perfect and Sharan Sanghera analyse the recent Supreme Court decision on collateral lies in insurance contracts. The Court by a majority held that a collateral lie is not subject to the fraudulent claims rule. The telling of a lie, if truly collateral to the claim being made, does not permit an insurer to refuse to pay. Lords Sumption, Clarke, Hughes and Toulson concurred, Lord Mance dissented. Versloot Dredging BV and another v HDI Gerling Industrie Versicherung AG and others  UKSC 45
“Superb, very clever and very quick thinking”.
“Working with Sharan has been a real pleasure. She is knowledgeable, grasps the key issues quickly and drives cases forward. Her expertise have proved invaluable at bringing the matter to an early settlement. Above all Sharan is approachable and always willing to assist and go the extra mile. I would not hesitate to recommend her to colleagues and clients alike.”
- BA (Hons) Jurisprudence Exeter College, University of Oxford
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP College London
Professional qualifications & appointments
- BVC, BPP College London
- Called 2009; Inner Temple
- Legal advisor on the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s Legal Panel
- Member of PIBA
- Member of ARDL
Personal Injury newsletter out now featuring the latest news and case updates
Life in lockdown has brought changes for all of us and with the easing of restrictions and life going back to ‘normal’ many of us are left wondering what th...Read more
3PB completes the London Legal Walk today
3PB barristers Faizul Azman, Rebecca Farrell, Sharan Sanghera, Cheryl Jones, Michelle Marnham, Henrietta Hughes were joined by Chambers Director Matt Wildish to...Read more
Personal Injury update published by 3PB
The Personal Injury team has published its latest update including the latest on the Commons amendments regarding the Civil Liability Bill as considered by the ...Read more