Martin is an experienced commercial and chancery practitioner. His broad litigation and advisory work covers most areas of the Law normally litigated in the Chancery Division, including:
- Company law and partnership
- Shareholder disputes
- Corporate and personal insolvency
- Passing off / Trademarks.
Martin’s practice also encompasses contentious and non-contentious work in the following fields: Property, trusts, wills and estates and probate.
He has extensive experience dealing with professional negligence issues arising from disputes within his specialist fields.
Martin appears regularly in the County Court, the High Court and the Court of Appeal and in Land Registry adjudication proceedings.
- 10 day trial in the Chancery Division concerning a dispute between siblings over ownership of a farm. Settled on 8th day with client securing assets of £1m.
- Acting for St. Johns College Oxford as landlord in two cases involving possession of commercial premises in Oxford and possession of a rural property with land outside Oxford.
- Acting for a trustee in bankruptcy in connection with obtaining possession of 3 properties in Woking: a case with substantial factual disputes and documentation which resulted in two trials and applications for freezing order in the Chancery Division.
Notable cases include:
- SC Confectia SA v Miss Mania Wholesale Limited  EWCA Civ 1484
- Greatorex v Newman  EWCA Civ 1318
- Derbyshire CC v Fallon  EWHC 1326 Ch
- Graves v Graves  EWCA Civ 660
- Chapman v Godinn Properties Limited  EWCA Civ 941
- Nicolet v Halim  EWCA Civ 91
- Lloyd-Wolper v Moore (2004) 1 WLR 2350
- Williams v Williams  EWHC 742 Civ.
- BA (Cantab)