Mark has extensive experience of representing bereaved families, employers, highway authorities and other interested parties at Pre-Inquest Hearings and Inquests, including Article 2 Inquests.
Current and recent instructions include:
- Representing family of bereaved at Pre-Inquest Hearings in relation to Inquest into death of elderly man following a cycling accident and subsequent hospitalisation. Cause of death was controversial and Mark was instructed to represent the deceased’s family, making representations as to the scope of the Inquest and the evidence to be adduced.
- Advising bereaved family, under direct access arrangement, following death of a woman while undergoing medical treatment. Advice covered scope and procedure of an Article 2 Inquest, witness requirements and possible sources of funding.
- Representing seriously injured interested party at Inquest involving a fatal road traffic accident, including examination of several expert witnesses and making submissions as to the available verdicts.
- Several cases representing Highway Authorities in connection with fatal road traffic accidents.
- Representing employer at jury Inquest involving death of employee while operating a ride-on mower.
Mark Sullivan is registered for Direct Access. He has also specialises in Fatal Accident Claims (see Personal Injury entry) and has provided representation at Inquests under Conditional Fee Agreements covering a related civil claim.
- LLB (Hons) Bristol
- JJ Fellowes Prize
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Legal Assessor to the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- General Dental Council
- Association of Accounting Technicians
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Western Circuit
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
Mark Sullivan is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information