Employment and discrimination
Katherine is an experienced employment law specialist who has acted for and advised claimant and respondent employers in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
She offers particular expertise in relation to disability and other discrimination cases with a personal injury mental health aspect.
By way of example, recent cases include:
- A claim of alleged disability discrimination, relating to depression and stress at work, providing detailed advice in relation to case preparation
- Representation of a claimant manager in a high value claim for unfair dismissal and victimisation
- Representation of a respondent manager defending a race discrimination claim brought by the deceased’s executors with a high value personal injury aspect
- Representation of a respondent School Governing Body in relation to an unfair dismissal claim brought by an employee accused of lying about her qualifications
- Representation of a respondent nursery provider in relation to an unfair dismissal claim brought by an employee accused of sexual abuse of a child
- An alleged constructive “whistle-blowing” dismissal where the employee complained of a dangerous workplace
She has undertaken a number of successful judicial and private mediations as an Accredited Mediation Advocate.
In her employment practice she has a particular interest in the education sector and has acted in employment cases concerning staff at nurseries, schools and universities (see also Katherine’s Education Law profile).
8th Nov 2019
Legal advice privilege: Katherine Anderson analyses Curless v Shell International Ltd  EWCA Civ 1710
13th Apr 2017
3PB Employment Barrister Katherine Anderson examines the implications of Peninsula v Baker on employer liability for acts of victimisation. Katherine Anderson examines if an employer can escape "scot-free" from liability for an act of victimisation if it is 'astute enough' to instruct an innocent third party – or employee - to carry it out.
- Cambridge University, United Kingdom
- Harvard University, United States
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law at City University
- Bar Vocational Course at BPP School of Law (Outstanding)
Inner Temple Exhibition
Professional Qualifications and Appointments
Accredited Mediation Advocate
Professional qualifications & appointments
Accredited Mediation Advocate
Employment Law Bar Association (ELBA)
Katherine Anderson is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB's Employment and Discrimination Newsletter - November 2019
Richard Owen-Thomas edits 3PB's latest Employment & Discrimination newsletter, including contributions from Sarah Bowen, Katherine Anderson, Grace Nicholls ...Read more
£350m of additional funding is to be made available to support children with special educational needs and disabilities
Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) are set to benefit from an extra £350 million funding to provide specialist support and tailore...Read more
3PB Barrister Katherine Anderson analyses the latest employment law cases
In our latest update, Katherine Anderson analyses: In what circumstances can damages for breach of contract be assessed by reference to the sum that the claiman...Read more