Jonathan is a clinical negligence specialist. He acts for both claimants and defendants. Jonathan offers advice and representation at all stages of litigation in the following areas:
- Surgical negligence
- Pharmaceutical negligence
- Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis
- Dental negligence
- Cosmetic negligence
- Unnecessary and inappropriate treatment
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- In cases involving a fatality, Jonathan is also experienced in providing representation at inquests on behalf of families, local authorities and other interested persons.
Recent instructions include:
- P v An NHS Trust: Drafting pleadings, conducting conference and providing advice to the claimant in a case involving delayed diagnosis of spinal tuberculosis. The claim was successfully settled in the sum of £500,000.
- C v A Health Board: Advising NHS Wales and attending a JSM in a case involving allegations of delayed diagnosis/treatment of a scapholunate injury.
- A v An NHS Trust: Drafting pleadings, conducting conference and providing advice to the claimant in a successful claim involving the delayed diagnosis of a developing cauda equina syndrome.
- B v S and another: Drafting pleadings and assisting in a successful claim involving failure to treat dental carries resulting in significant infection.
- F v An NHS Trust: Drafting pleadings for the claimant in a successful claim involving a failure by the defendant to remove retained products of conception in the course of a birth.