Emma is regularly instructed on behalf of parents, young persons, schools, academies, local authorities and Universities to advise on all aspects of Education Law including (but not limited to):
- Disability Discrimination
- Negligence within schools, including claims for inadequate educational provision
- Bullying claims
- Admissions Appeals (including infant class size appeals)
- Complex Admission Arrangements
- School Transportation
- Exclusion Appeals
- Breach of contract claims against fee-paying schools and Universities (including claims for misrepresentation)
- Claims for unpaid fees
- Deprivation of liberty safeguarding orders
- Academic appeals.
Emma has recently delivered lectures and training to local authorities, governing bodies and parents on the recent changes to SEN law as implemented by the Children and Families Act 2014. She has also recently lectured to experts on the topic of the implications of the Care Act 2014 in the field of Education Law.
Prior to joining the bar, Emma was as Teaching Assistant in a school for children with disabilities. She has recently been appointed as a Governor at that school, which provides her with a useful and practical insight into this area of law. Emma also worked as a Care Assistant in a residential home for adults with disabilities for a number of years.
- BPTC (BPP Law School, 2010-2011) – Outstanding
- GDL (BPP Law School, 2009-2010)
- BA (Hons) Politics (St Chad’s College, University of Durham)
- Harmsworth and Astbury Scholar, Middle Temple
- Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple
- Ian Graham Award for outstanding contribution to student life, University of Durham
Professional qualifications & appointments
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- Education Law Association (ELAS)
- Member of the Association of Women Barristers
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
Emma Waldron is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB's expert education law barristers provide an informative update seminar on the 2014 Children and Families Act
On 29th September 2016, 3PB Education Team members Lachlan Wilson, John Friel, and Emma Waldron hosted an Education Law Update Seminar in Temple, London. This ...Read more
Alex Line and Emma Waldron provide SEN litigation training session to local authorities.
On 26th July 2016 Alex Line and Emma Waldron of 3PB's education law team provided training to solicitors from two local authority areas about SEND litigation. T...Read more