David has a wealth of experience of County Court personal injury litigation acting for both Claimants and Defendants in a wide range of matters, including:
- Road Traffic Accident Claims (including cases involving multiple vehicles/parties, significant injuries, low velocity impact, liability and causation disputes, and claims for credit hire)
- Occupier’s Liability Claims
- Employer’s Liability Claims
Animal Act Claims.
David accepts instructions to:
- Represent clients at Court in application hearings, case management hearings, trials, disposal hearings, and infant settlement approval hearings (in cases proceeding through or having exited from the relevant MOJ portal, as well as those allocated to the fast track and small claims track)
- Advise lay and professional clients on liability and causation
- Advise lay and professional clients on quantum (the value of the claim) in personal injury cases
- Draft pleadings, applications and documents.
David is knowledgeable on issues surrounding pre-action disclosure, relief from sanctions, Part 36 consequences, applications to set aside judgment and costs.
Before practising at the Bar, David worked for almost two years as a self-employed County Court advocate/outdoor clerk for a large national solicitors’ firm, specialising in civil advocacy. During this time David conducted hundreds of County Court hearings, including those for infant settlement approval; applications to set aside default judgment; summary judgment applications; directions hearings; multi-track case management conferences; applications for permission to appeal; appeals; enforcement proceedings; bankruptcy and winding-up petitions; injunctions; and small claims trials.
After qualifying as a solicitor, David worked as an in-house advocate at a large firm of personal injury solicitors, where he was principally tasked with writing advices on quantum in personal injury claims.
During his pupillage, David gained a particular interest in Clinical Negligence work, after spending four months under the supervision of Hamish Dunlop. He is keen to expand on this area of his practice.
- LLB (hons) degree – University of Nottingham (2009)
- BVC - Nottingham Law School (2010)
- QLTT Head III (Oxford Brookes University) (2012)
- University of Nottingham Second / Final Year Mooting Competition Winner (2008)
- University of Nottingham Graduate’s Association Moot Prize (2008)
- Major Inner Temple BVC Exhibition Scholarship (2009)
- Inner Temple Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Award Scholarship (2009)
- Ropewalk Chambers BVC Moot Competition Winner (2010)
Professional qualifications & appointments
Admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales (2013) (ceased practising and removed from the roll upon commencement of pupillage in October 2014)
- Family Law Bar Association
- The Criminal Bar Association
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
3PB Silk duo Nigel Lickley QC and Adam Feest QC lead five 3PB junior barristers in high profile Dorset murder case
Murder of Guy Hedger. Two men were jailed for life today (23 January) following convictions for murder after an eight week trial at Winchester Crown Court. Se...Read more